Wednesday 12 October 2011

Gossip seat!

So, today I found this little treasure in one of my favourite charity shops. The picture is taken in the shop, I'm afraid to say those fabulous 90's platform trainers and vintage tea dress are not mine ;)



The idea of the telephone seat was to have the telephone on the top of the unit and store your telephone book, address book's in the cupboard and then you have yourself a lovely little seat to sit and gossip on for as long as you please.






The main reason I am so madly in love with the retro phone and now this telephone seat.....

.....I cannot stand the modern cordless telephone!.


(I have nothing against this image, I have used it as an example of a very modern cordless phone).


We had one for a while but I was constantly looking for it, as it was never put back on the reciever. Or it wouldn't be charged up and would run out of battery halfway through a conversation and I cannot tell you how many times I went out with it in my handbag!.




After we bought a fabulous retro phone I decided I would need a lovely little area to sit and chat, drink martini's and find out the local gossip. Lo and behold when I found this AMAZING retro telephone seat. I love its 60's feel and the wood matches my ercol sideboard. We have a lovely little space at the bottom of the stairs that will be pefect for my latest find. I'm going to create a little retro haven where I can escape from the house for a while and catch up with my friends.



I may change the fabric on the seat but for now I am going to leave it just how it is.
I love the 1960's look of the leather seat.

Off treasure hunting now vintage loves, will blog sooon with some more finds =)

Lauren x

1 comment:

  1. that is lovely! i love charity shop shopping especially when you find a little treasure like this! xx

    ReplyDelete