Thursday 10 May 2012

The more that you read the more you will know.

I am obsessed with old books. I love the smell, the delicate pages and faded prints. 

After a treasure hunt through my nan and grandads garage the other day I came across 4 HUGE boxes of books. My nans books. Once upon a time my nan was an avid reader. Literature, poetry, plays. You name it she has read it and studied it. 

 My nan is the main reason for my love of reading. When I was 11 she gave me my first proper read. A midsummer nights dream. My love affair with Shakespeare began.

 And can you believe my joy when I found all her old books. Packed away neatly, some with notes attached. Here are a few of my favourites. 




All classics. I love them so much. And this is only a handful. I still have more to go through. I am going to have our very own little library at the house. A quite corner packed with books. With a little light and a comfy chair. 

A little something like this;



Lauren x





2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great find! I'm an avid reader myself so I would be in heaven if I found a stash like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky my nan loves to read, even more than I do!! X

    ReplyDelete